- 2 2 1/2 lb chickens, quartered
- 2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Wash chicken under water. Dry well with paper towels. Arrange chicken in single layer in shallow baking dish.
- Combine lemon peel and juice, garlic, thmye, salt, and pepper; mix well. Spoon over chicken, turning chicken to coat well. Refrigerate in marinade 3 to 4 hours, turning chicken several times.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove chicken and drain well on paper towels, reserving marinade. Arrange chicken pieces in single layer in 2-quart, shallow baking dish. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade. Bake, brushing occasionally with marinade, for an additional 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon slices and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Heat remaining marinade to serve as sauce. Makes 8 servings.