- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 med Onion diced
- 3 clv Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 lg Carrot, peeled and diced
4 cp Butternut Squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cp Chicken Broth
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cpsSlivered Almonds
- Add oil to a stockpot and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking until softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add grated ginger, paprika, along with the carrot and butternut squash, stirring well to combine.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Remove soup from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and more pepper to taste.